Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 24 13 7:25 PM

Tags : :

OK, if I should disappear offline (HEY!! I HEARD THAT YEAH!!!) lol its not bcuz i died, I HOPE, but bcuz my 6ish yr old Gateway computer keeps shuttin down on me. I dont know if its called CRASHING or just a slight fender bender.. The tower shuts down!, ............................ no light, no sound (a song here?)
Its done this 3 times today, maybe 3 times total b4 today. But all in the last 2-3 days I believe. I havnt yet checked to feel if it seems HOT yet or not.(will do so next time) I took it to the car wash the other day and power sprayed it, so i know its nice and clean and not dirty! so we know THATS not the problem..lol sheeesh.. ya think Im dumb and aint got a BRIAN in my haed?
butt seriously.. if im not around for awhile, its bcuz my broke ass needs to stand on the street corner, HOE'in, ta get PC money...
(so we all know, that would mean, never seeing me again as who would pay for this ol worn out bod!....LOL)
GEEKS????????????
HELP????
just a clue as to what is usually behind a shut down.. Ohh its done its lock up thing forever, recently i been cleaning house, clearing cache/cookies etc..
PLUS...ya'll wont believe this...... I couldnt get online awhile ago so i had to call my provider Wild Blue satelite.... and yes, as it turns out, i coulda tried til the cows came home, without their help, I wouldnt have gotten back online..lol
but anyways, WILD BLUE told me of their new satelite gone up, and how I can now get up to 12X faster internet speeds and get this........... AT HALF THE PRICE I'm paying now!!!! (only an arm, not the leg too!) I asked the gal.... Are yas standing behind me with a knife???? why she said, bcuz no one gives more, its always less, so im looking for the knife in the back..she laughed saying..lots of ppl are saying SIMILAR things, but not how I put it.... Ahem...I must be a weirdo...LMWAO!
ok, done talking.. anyone??? HELP? and dont tell me go buy a new one medi!...LOL prolly havta anyways...bout time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 24 13 8:45 PM

Go buy a new one !!   LOL
                      surprise

Give a patient meds & he will medicate for a day !
Teach a patient to grow & he will medicate for life !™®

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 25 13 12:36 PM

I am a network administrator in Detroit,MI.
I have been in the biz since before the internet existed, but have been growing MMJ for only two years.
If you are having issues I could post a "how to" here on the forum that can cover security, virus removal and defense, and general digital know how.
Happy to trade my expertise for all of yours ( all forum users).
I use "WareZwolF" on a few IT community forums and if you google it you may find that those forums are chock full of useful info along those lines.
I am not going to post specific links as the point of this post is that help is available, not to spam you all with IT Guy Forum links.
Oddly, running a grow room is very similar to maintaining a datacenter.

Quote    Reply   

marvin

superstar

#4 [url]

Jan 25 13 12:41 PM

OK, if I should disappear offline (HEY!! I HEARD THAT YEAH!!!) lol its not bcuz i died, I HOPE, but bcuz my 6ish yr old by Browse to Save">Gateway computer keeps shuttin down on me. I dont know if its called CRASHING or just a slight fender bender.. The tower shuts down!, ............................ no light, no sound (a song here?)
Its done this 3 times today, maybe 3 times total b4 today. But all in the last 2-3 days I believe. I havnt yet checked to feel if it seems HOT yet or not.(will do so next time) I took it to the car wash the other day and power sprayed it, so i know its nice and clean and not dirty! so we know THATS not the problem..lol sheeesh.. ya think Im dumb and aint got a BRIAN in my haed?
butt seriously.. if im not around for awhile, its bcuz my broke ass needs to stand on the street corner, HOE'in, ta get PC money...
(so we all know, that would mean, never seeing me again as who would pay for this ol worn out bod!....LOL)
GEEKS????????????
HELP????
just a clue as to what is usually behind a shut down.. Ohh its done its lock up thing forever, recently i been cleaning house, clearing cache/cookies etc..
PLUS...ya'll wont believe this...... I couldnt get online awhile ago so i had to call my provider Wild Blue satelite.... and yes, as it turns out, i coulda tried til the cows came home, without their help, I wouldnt have gotten back online..lol
but anyways, WILD BLUE told me of their new satelite gone up, and how I can now get up to 12X faster by Browse to Save">internet speeds and get this........... AT HALF THE PRICE I'm paying now!!!! (only an arm, not the leg too!) I asked the gal.... Are yas standing behind me with a knife???? why she said, bcuz no one gives more, its always less, so im looking for the knife in the back..she laughed saying..lots of ppl are saying SIMILAR things, but not how I put it.... Ahem...I must be a weirdo...LMWAO!
ok, done talking.. anyone??? HELP? and dont tell me go buy a new one medi!...LOL prolly havta anyways...bout time

-timbuckto

Power supply?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 25 13 12:54 PM

I am a network administrator in Detroit,MI.
I have been in the biz since before the internet existed, but have been growing MMJ for only two years.
If you are having issues I could post a "how to" here on the forum that can cover security, virus removal and defense, and general digital know how.
Happy to trade my expertise for all of yours ( all forum users).
I use "http://www.pettracker.com/?__utma=1.1801939860.1359131299.1359131299.1359131299.1&__utmb=1.12.9.1359131330290&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1359131299.1.1.utmcsr=bing|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=dog%20gps%20system%20for%20cell%20phone&__utmv=-&__utmk=165999294" on a few IT community forums and if you google it you may find that those forums are chock full of useful info along those lines.
I am not going to post specific links as the point of this post is that help is available, not to spam you all with IT Guy Forum links.
Oddly, running a grow room is very similar to maintaining a datacenter.

-warezwolf

warezwolf   please post any info help !

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 25 13 4:50 PM

Thanks ya'll.. umm Marvin... in answer to your POWER SUPPLY? question..I cant resist saying... AMERICAN ELECTRIC & POWER or AEP as we know it...roflmao
 I thought of overheating as we all know i talk to damn much, but it just did it this morning (who am i kidding, the only way i see morning is if I stay up all night!!!) right after a cold start up. Which i usually just keep it running 24/7 But am trying to save its remaining HOURS? on earth as we know it..
 WAREZWOLF
TY for your posting.. seems you was waiting , watching from behind the curtains waiting for your calling...lol I NEED to do what Medi said.. BUY A NEW ONE! But I need to many NEW THINGS right now..
We are here for you WareZ for any of your grow needs! You dont have to reciprocate but its sure nice that you offer and your help is gonna be needed I'm sure! hell maybe the admins will even wanna set you up with your own little corner to help folks when IF able (if meaning, somethings cant be helped thru a forum...lol)

Quote    Reply   

marvin

superstar

#7 [url]

Jan 25 13 5:16 PM

Tim I had that problem, Much better then having to figure out how to get money for a new one! The power supply and my video card had to be replaced and that I could come up with the money for. :) Wouldn't want to lose ya!

Welcome to the forum! Some great growers here to help guide you and fun loving folks. :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Jan 26 13 2:04 PM

Looks like my Android may have spammed you in spite of my efforts not to. I do not use "pet tracker".lol
Anyhow, thank you all for the welcome and kind comments.
Usually when I run into a machine that shuts down without warning it is almost always thermal.
The fan on the processor may be turning slowly or not at all.
Troubleshooting the processor fan has become a bit more difficult with the advent of power saving that turns off "active cooling" in order to save power. Examples of this type of power saving are found in every laptop and new-ish desktops such as the Dell Optiplex 620, 745 and 755.
One way to tell on a desktop unit is to run it with the case off and watch what the fan does when the machine is under load.
Thermal shutdowns can also occur if the fins on the heat sink under the fan are clogged with dust, animal dander, nicotine, etc.
If you intend to clean the fins it is very important not to remove the heat sink from the processor unless you have more "thermal paste" on hand to put it back on with. I usually will just remove any screws holding the fan to the top of the heat sink in order to gain access.
Video cards that also have fans on thier heat sinks are also subject to this, but will usually not result in an unepected power off, but more of either a memory error or obvious unusual display patterns on the screen.
This kind of event is usually not power supply related unless the fan inside the supply has stopped spinning. The fan inside the power supply on a desktop unit is not usually managed by the power management and remains on continuously.
There is also the possibility that the power cord is simply no longer seating into the power supply cleanly. The cords tend to get brittle with age and then lose contact.
It is also unlikely that malware or virus' is causing the problem, but I have seen at least one system that this was indeed the case. Coincidently a virus scan using malwarebytes mbam is the perfect thing to load a processor in order to test the fan.
In the event you do need a new system, I get great deals on refurbished or "off lease" systems from interactivepcdeals.com (I used to work there and still use them as a vendor). If you tell them warezwolf sent you, you will usually get an extra year of warranty free of charge. $250 buys one heck of a system from them.
I am hoping that the ailing system was not really subjected to a car wash as that is grounds to recycle the unit as it will never be the same and certainly will not survive long afterwards. Compressed air is the only method of cleaning that does not subject the mainboard to hazzardous static electricity.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 26 13 2:31 PM

Thanks for the info & hook up !!
                       grin

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 31 13 2:32 AM

WareZwolf, Thanks again.. Dells are lookin good at good prices. When The money supply is right, I will drop you a note to see what help you might can give me deciding what I need. My son helped me with the gateway in like 07 ish... give or take a decade.
 Oh NO SIR! No carwash! PROMISE! Garden hose works just fine.. JeeZ ya muss think Im stupid and aint got a brian in my haed! He! we all know them carwash places use the wrong kinda soap!

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 14 15 12:20 PM

The problem with becoming a Jedi Master Grower...

I have now been continuously growing for 5 years without any downtime whatsoever. That's a better record than some of the servers I service. Anyhow, the problem with growing is that it takes over the routine of your life.  If you are serious about it, you have adjusted to the schedule of your setup's needs and now live your life around the schedule of this unforgiving master.
The matter is complicated further if you happen to be good at it. Quality Control is awesome, but it sure is hard to step away from the Dorito's and put down the remote. Lol. imageimage

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help